“Run Ruth Run. A Farewell to My Wife of 62 Years”
“Never Older. Only Better”
“Alaska! Land of Bears, Eagles and Leaping Whales"
Walter de Brouwer, 58
CEO and Founder of Scanadu
Medical Devices. Inventor of Modern
Day “Star Trek” Tricoder
New “Scout” medical device monitors your heart rate, temperature, Sp02 and blood pressure on a smart phone—empowering consumers with information about their own health.
With help of a doctor, consumers can make changes in their lives to improve health, potentially catch illness or chronic disease early, reduce healthcare costs and even begin to predict health issues.“It’s my mission to make this generation the last to know so little about our health,” said Walter de Brouwer. “We want to give 8 billion people access to quality healthcare on their smart phone.” Read More
FREE! Download today!
“Healthcare & Technology” Resource Guide
The Healthcare Guide includes the following articles:
- “Mind-boggling New Technologies in Healthcare Industry”
- “Boomers Primed for the Digital World”—Mary Furlong of Mary Furlong & Associates
- “Health Apps Galore”
- “Electronic Documentation for “End of Life” Directive”—Rush Barlett, Yynca
- “Technology Helps Those With Dementia”—Jack York, It’s Never 2 Late
- “Will I Get Sick As I Grow Older?”—Moira Fordyce, MD
- “Technology Allows Seniors to Live Safely at Home”—Canan Sonuk, AUXILO-HomeAide
- “Are You At Risk for Type 2 Diabetes?”—Marc Jaffe, MD, Kaiser Permanente
- “I Was a Food Addict”—Max Greenber, Palo Alto Senior Living
- “Run Ruth Run. A Farewell to My Wife of 62 Years”—Walter M. Bortz, II, MD
“Recent advances in technology (sensors, algorithms, machine learning) have allowed us to build consumer devices that simply weren’t possible a decade ago,” said Walter de Brouwer of Scanadu. “All that is possible thanks to the smart phone.” Read More
FREE! Download today!
“Real Estate” Resource Guide
- “Sell Your Home “AS IS” OR FIX IT?”—Debra Schwartz, Keller Williams Realty
- “How to Choose a Realtor?”
- “Capital Gains. Pay the IRS or Pay Yourself”—Anita Gat & Joan Chintz, Keller
- “Act of Bravery. Bringing in a Professional Organizer”—Joan McCreary
Recent Book Releases
"What To Do With Your Stuff?"
By Lois Tager
A guide to decisions about personal possessions and life choices. Self describing book that details the storing, assigning, allocating, organizing or even disposing of all your possessions. This book will encourage you to start the process of making important decisions easily and avoiding conflicts. To order, go to: whattodowithyourstuff.com. 408.356.9200
Navigating the Passage to a Slower, Deeper, and More Connected Life by Dr. Bill Thomas.
How do you know that you are outgrowing adulthood?
When you begin to feel that the life you have been living is out of balance; when the need to perform, to hurry and to acquire is no longer compelling. It¹s like the moment when your favorite tennis shoes start to give you blisters. The way you¹ve been living your adult life doesn¹t fulfill you anymore.
Dr. Bill Thomas, one of the most innovative thinkers in medicine, explains that a new life phase is beginning to emerge within our society. When the Baby Boom Generation came of age in the 1960s and 1970s, they jump-started a cultural revolution that shaped today¹s society. Now, many feel they are living a life of frenzied disharmony. This out-of-balance feeling is a signal that you are ready for your second coming of age, your life beyond Adulthood--"Elderhood." simonandschuster.com